Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How?

I've been questioning the why and then I see my kids and I wonder how. lol I have some amazing kids. I do have to say I do parent asking why and try and help them through those why's when they come up. Give them the healthy tools they can use in their lives. Now I'm starting to see them use these tools and it amazes me. I saw my middle guy this week work on a project to stop something he is passionate about and how he really started to do something in a couple days. I'm talking got some big people in the reptile world involved and all to help. See my oldest see things how they are and how he wants to be and work towards that. Even my little guy amazes me and makes me smile.

My guys all three of them when they were little would get these pains in their legs at night. I had them when I was little too and the dr said they were growing pains. Well when they would get them I lay next to them and rub their legs til they fall asleep. Last night my little guy had them. He is HUGE into questions and talking so he asked me how I knew that rubbing makes your legs feel better. I told him because I had them too when I was little. He then asked who rubbed my legs. I told him me which he thought was funny and laughed. He then looked puzzled and said why didn't your mommy and I told him because she just was not that kind of mommy. He then looked at me with big eyes and said I don't know how to rub my legs. I reassured him that I will rub them and he does not have to worry about that. He smiled and gave me a HUGE hug and rubbed my back. It was so sweet. I've noticed so much lately how much my kids give back in just little ways that to them is normal and just what you do. I've brought this up to my oldest before because I've been told by others most kids don't do that and he is an amazing kid. This always gets my oldest upset and his response is what I do is not exceptional it is just what everyone should do. I should not be the one pat on the back and applauded because I'm doing what everyone should do the others are the ones that should be pointed out that they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment