Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grateful and Thankful with a little nausea on the side

Today was a big day for me and starting this blog. I have tried this type of thing before, but never went further than the first page and no post. For me at least I have found that I can know and be told things, but unless I'm ready I don't "really" hear it. I think I'm ready, listening, learning and healing right now at least with this lesson. I'm so thankful that everyone is so welcoming to me and my journey, but also a bit nauseous because some have known me for many years and never knew.

I was just reminded by a person that I always seem to learn from by her quotes and such some more little bits of wisdom. She reminded me by writing that "When we point a finger at someone else, three of our fingers point back at ourselves! Blame leads to resentment, and resentment is a heavy load to bear. The objective of life is to stop dragging our baggage around like a dead elephant with an old rope. Life is too short not to be happy!!!" lol So obvious and so true yet so hard to see in yourself when you hurt. So beyond grateful to be getting rid of that dead elephant which I have to say is my new favorite expression. Everyone always says it is the big elephant in the room that everyone is trying to pretend isn't there, but if you think about it is so the big dead elephant you are dragging around because for the people involved it never really leaves you and just makes you sicker the longer you decide to drag it.


No comments:

Post a Comment