Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slicing through the onion

Forest Gump described life as a box of chocolates. Which I do totally agree with because life is usually lots of wonderful surprises, with a not so tasty one thrown in once in a while. Don't get me wrong I may be a mess, but I know also how very blessed I am. For me though I'm more of a Shriek kind of person. lol I love how he describes himself as an onion. For years I've described different lessons I go through in life as an onion. Lessons are layers just like in an onion and sometimes you deal with thin layers, sometimes the reg layers and sometimes you get dealt with those huge chunky layers. I was thinking last night that I am dealing with one of those big chunky ones right now and then it hit me that maybe I'm just slicing right through that onion revealing so many layers. Now at first that really bothered me because I just want to get through this big chunky one and go on to something easier. Then today it hit me as I was crying. That it makes sense that today I'm crying because I just sliced through that onion. lol I exposed so many layers and even if that is scary and seems like just scraping the surface it is also making it easier to finally get rid of some major layers. Maybe slicing through that onion isn't such a bad thing after all. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment